Jims Galley

Jims Galley
Welcome!

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Crawfish Boil-Sometimes it's really nice to be a guest for dinner!

 
Well folks, this post is a bit different. My wife Donna and I were invited for a dinner party that will forever go down in history as one of our all-time favorites. This is just going to be hard to beat. Living in Virginia Crawfish are a real treat because they have to be shipped from New Orleans. We on the Chesapeake Bay have our own version of this boil, basically steamed crabs which are delicious as well.
The chef fixing up this boil seemed to do everything exactly as it should be. Pre boil the potatoes and sausage with boil seasoning, etc. (Also several sticks of butter are in the boil mix.) I loved the fact there were also a variety of mushrooms boiled up as well)
Our friends that put on this dinner really put on quite an impressive spread. To my surprise after somewhere between 30 -50 pounds of Crawfish boiled, then out came….. THE SHRIMP BOIL! I could not believe it. We were stuffed!!
I cook so much for the show, at home, that it is not all that often that we are able to go out as guest for dinner. This was a SUPER treat!! Donna and I just loved it and can’t thank our friends enough for inviting us. Here are a few pics of what is one of my favorite all time dinners-out.
Thanks again!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment